Monday, October 31, 2011

We are twice armed if we fight with faith.


Faith and doubt both are needed - not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve.
--Lillian Smith


         I awoke this morning to a gleaming sun, chirping birds, and a familiar emptiness. Something that has followed me my entire life, I am constantly doing battle with. Sheer power of will can breakdown just about any obstacle or wall in your path. The belief in the ability and power of ones self, is the cornerstone of having tremendous will. The will and courage to face the dark, stand tall and know that no matter the outcome you will be victorious. The will to step into the darkness, trusting solely in faith, knowing that your path is guided. The will to embrace the the dark and even take a little bit of it into yourself. So, this familiar emptiness, let's talk about that.


          My entire life I have always wanted more. I have always wanted to do better, be better, achieve higher feats, chase after impossible dreams and goals, and make the world mine. I will push myself to the limit of my being to achieve a goal I find worth fighting for, no matter the detriment to myself. It is simply how I roll, and I like it. The issue with my headstrong and balls out philosophy, is a constant weighing, a strain on my faith, on my heart. I need to re-affirm my faith often,  believe in myself and my ability, and trust that GOD has my back covered. Call it the Grandest Leap of Faith. Even when things seem their darkest; will depleted, faith strained, heart weakened, mind weary. I lift my head to the LORD, and know it is where my help comes from. I Breathe in knowing, that I am shrouded in his white light and protection. I am twice armed, with the LORD at my side. I let his presence fill me and grow with warmth. The dark, or the uncertainty of the future, holds many chasms. There is only now, not when, for some who wander into the darkness, don't make it back. Even if you're only 24. Maybe that's part of my feeling of emptiness today, Life is intense. Make sure the people you love, the friends you cherish are close to you. Don't let them slip away because of time or fear, or being too busy.  Carpe Diem.  Make it yours, and those close to you. Life is as fragile as it is wonderful.

And together, we ALL leap into the darkness. 



R.I.P Linda Dowling. You will so totally be missed.  IU <3


"Oh, how precious time is! Blessed are those who know how to make good use of it. Oh, if only all could understand how precious time is, undoubtedly everyone would do his best to spend it in a praiseworthy manner!" - -Padre Pio

Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand. 
--Thomas Aquinas 


All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.
  --Martin Luther


As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit.  ---Emmanuel Teney 

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
----Saint Augustine

He who has faith has... an inward reservoir of courage, hope, confidence, calmness, and assuring trust that all will come out well - even though to the world it may appear to come out most badly.
----B. C. Forbes

In the affairs of this world, men are saved not by faith, but by the want of it.
---Benjamin Franklin

That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God. 
----
Albert Einstein

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. ----Thomas Aquinas

If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.  ---Mohandas Gandhi

We are twice armed if we fight with faith.  ----Plato


They're my quotes for the day.

Be well unto
 others, and yourselves.

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment